This page is where we can discuss future development including features you would like to see in the apps and features I have penciled in for future versions. All of these is tentative and some or all of it may not make it into the apps.
- Matrices. Matrices are something that I need to get to work on and should be included in the next major revision.
- More intuitive editing. The editor works well enough, but wouldn’t it be nice to just tap and have the cursor move where you want? How about pressing and holding and having it just copy the equation image or MathML? This is the other big thing for the next major revision.
- Better keyboard support. This is probably a bigger deal for the Lite version, but it would be a good idea to actually use the keyboard more since Apple went to the trouble of having one and all.
- TeX support. Wouldn’t it be nice to have it automatically export in TeX instead? Probably not going to happen with EQ Editor, but I have an idea for another approach to the problem…
- Dropbox/iCloud support. This would be the last big thing to add in the next revision, and there’s a very good chance it’ll happen since I had to learn all that dropbox stuff when writing my last app.
- Mathjax 2.0. This would take a simple patch to add, but I need to test it a bit to make sure nothing breaks when adding it.
- How about editing instead of just reading the math?? This is also something I am looking into though I may not have time to add it just yet.