Update: Work continues, etc.
My work commitment has wrapped up and for the past few weeks I’ve been able to work on the new version of EQ Editor. The process is going well, but it is a complete from scratch rewrite of the code base, so it will not happen overnight. The aim is to finish everything up in the next 2-3 months.
The new draw code has been rewritten using more clear typesetting principles. It is about 80% finished (still working on stretchy bracers and matrices) and looking much better than any previous version. I’ve also changed the way the data model works so that it uses Apple’s Text API directly, which allows the use of the standard keyboard (and even external keyboards). This also brings improved touch interaction which should drastically lower the learning curve for all users.
In short, I’ve put a great deal of thought and effort into the upcoming version. Thank you for your feedback and (continued) patience! Although there is still a fair bit of work to do, the wait should be nearly over.